Tour: Delhi-Agra Option 3 (2 days)
TOUR OPTIONS FROM DELHI
OPTION 3 / OVERNIGHT TOUR TO AGRA
DAY 01: DELHI- AGRA by Surface (204 Km / 4hrs)
In the morning, drive to Agra. On arrival check in at hotel and later proceed for guided tour to the city of Taj. (Taj Mahal is closed on Friday)
Visit Agra fort that is built along the Yamuna River and stretches almost 2.5 km. The boundary wall of the fort is made of red sandstone. The fort has 2 gates, the Delhi Gate and the Amar Singh Gate. Though a part of the fort is still used by the Indian Army and is not accessible to the public, a visit to this historic fort gives you an insight on the life style of 16th century Mughals.
Emperor Shah Jahan, who built the Taj, was imprisoned by his son, Aurangzeb, at the Agra Fort in a room where he had a clear view of the building he had made in the memory of his wife. Shah Jahan is said to have eventually died in this room in the Agra Fort.
Continue for a visit to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Taj Mahal. Little needs to be said about this architectural wonder, which is always the sole raison-de-etre for every tourist's visit to Agra. Built by Shah Jahan, the Taj is a white marble memorial to his beautiful wife Mumtaz Mahal. This monument took 22 years to be completed and was designed, and planned by Persian architect Ustad Isa. Apart from its stunning design balance and perfect symmetry, the Taj is also noted particularly for its elegant domes, intricately carved screens and some of the best inlay work ever seen.
Marble inlay work - Also see artists doing marble inlay work, a craft also known as Pietre Dure, is a 350-year-old tradition in the land of the Taj Mahal. Marble Inlay was used to build the famous Taj Mahal. In 16th Century Emperor Shah Jahan required over 300 skilled Persians artists working twenty-two years to complete this unique and beautiful monument; which is made from white Makrana Marble and semi-precious stones. Today, marble inlay is enjoying a renaissance.
Overnight stay at a hotel in Agra
DAY 02: AGRA - DELHI VIA FATEHPURSIKRI by Surface
This morning you are driven to Delhi, enroute visiting Fatehpur Sikri.
Fatehpur Sikri - Situated about 40kms from Agra, this was the erstwhile capital of the great Mughal ruler - Emperor Akbar. This magnificent fort palace had to be abandoned after just 15 years of occupation due to lack of potable water. On arrival, check into your hotel.
Later drive back to Delhi and transfer to Hotel/ Airport.
RATE SHEET- OVERNIGHT AGRA TOUR
Per Person Rates in INR valid for 01st Oct 2012 till 30th Oct 2012
Number of Persons
Per Person Rates
02 Paying Persons
INR 10710 per person
03 Paying Persons
INR 9560 per person
04 - 06 Paying Persons
INR 9080 per person
- Note: Single room supplement will be INR 4000.
- Surface Transportation using an Air conditioned vehicle
- 01 - 02 Persons - Medium Car
- 03 Persons – Toyota Innova
- 04 - 06 Persons – Tempo Traveler
- Service of Local English Speaking guides during Sightseeing as mentioned in Itinerary.
- 01 night accommodation on twin sharing bed & breakfast basis at Hotel in Agra. (Radisson/ Clarks Shiraz).
- Entrance fees to Monuments (single entry) as per the itinerary.
- Government of India’s Service Tax
- Any visa charges / insurance / airport taxes/ airfare
- Any item of personal nature such as tips to porters / bell boys /waiters / drivers / guides / Escort, table drinks, telephone calls, laundry bills, still / video camera fees.
- Any item other than specified above.